March 7, 2014

Friday Foodie: IHOP U.P. Town Center


We've been dying to try IHOP since it first launched a branch here in the Philippines. Unfortunately, they do not have a branch near our place. Much to our delight, the relatively new U.P. Town Center opened a branch last year so we finally tried it last January. Though I heard a lot of comments that it's too pricey for the food that they offer, we think it's still worth the shot.


My husband ordered this Bacon Temptation Omelette (Php 285.00) which is described as: "Loaded with strips of crispy bacon, diced tomatoes, a rich cheese sauce, Jack and cheddar cheeses". Though the serving is not that big, every bite is really cheesy and full of bacon. Migs thinks that it's worth it and he enjoyed it so much.

On the other hand, I ordered this Split Decision Breakfast (Php 325.00) which is described as: "Two triangles of French toast and two buttermilk pancakes served with a hearty combination of two eggs, two crispy bacon strips and two pork sausage links". This one's heavy though, it comes with two pieces of pancakes too. If you're a big eater, this one's for you.

This is the 2 piece pancake that comes with Split Decision breakfast. The pancake tastes so buttery and it melts in your mouth. I prefer this one better than Pancake House's.

Chocolate Milk Shake (Php 175.00) is the drink that my husband ordered while I tried the regular Chocolate Milk (Php 75) which I unfortunately didn't took a photo. The texture of these drinks is really creamy and you can say that it is not just your typical chocolate drink that you can grab anywhere.

Overall, I enjoyed every bit of the experience. The crew were so nice and accommodating and tries their best to provide all our needs. The food (which I admit is pretty overpriced) is enjoyable and yummy. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes but IHOP made it easy for me to love them with their signature variety of syrups. I thought I was just gonna try IHOP once and just basically charge it to my experience. This may sound weird for a pancake-hater but I see myself coming back. :)

4 comments:

  1. the food looks yummers! new gfc follower here! :)
    -angel of invisiblestilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Yummmy

    I love your blog and your ideas :)

    I follow you, ok?

    This is my blog

    monchericloset.blogspot.com.es

    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete